We've had a tornado, a derecho, whatever that is, and historic flooding in two weeks. If someone doesn't come get Mother Nature and talk some sense into her, we're going to need to build an ark. I swear it's rained the entire month of August, and while I'm not mad about it. I'd prefer not to watch friends and neighbors lose everything to flooding. My kids were good, though it was one stressful two weeks worrying about them. One of the big homeless camps near the city was practically destroyed. Thankfully everyone was okay, but peeps are now taking donations to at least help replace their gear. It has to be terrible to have next to nothing and then have absolutely nothing in the space of a few hours. So I'm definitely happy to see people rally around that vulnerable group of people. Today is bright and shiny so far, so we'll take the wins where we can get them. So we'll just keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way for a bit.
I saw something on social media yesterday that kind of perplexed me and was also exhausting. It was a post that someone made complaining that a cashier said the credit card machine was bipolar because it was picking and choosing when it wanted to work. The lady was big mad and ripped the cashier a new asshole because "bipolar isn't a laughing matter." While I appreciate where she was coming from, it is indeed a laughing matter. I can hear you all collectively going What?!?! I tell those jokes all the time, and I am, in fact, bipolar. My take and the reason I would have just laughed with the cashier instead of getting offended is this. If you can't laugh about your mental illness occasionally, are you okay? I joke about being crazy all the time. I am, in fact, the owner of several complex mental illnesses. So why shouldn't you be able to laugh about it? Dude, can you imagine what a drag it would be to constantly be so serious about something you have no control over? If I'm not laughing about it, I'm ready to cry about it because it's a tough thing to deal with. So my stance is, please joke about it with me because it makes me laugh and we all need laughter in our lives.
I'll give you a good example, and I'm amazed at how many people didn't think it was funny. Last Wednesday at work, we took some emotional quiz about something or another. All of the questions had situational answers. So me being me, I picked sometimes on all of them because ya know the answers change based on context. Friday morning I was talking to my boss about it, and mans looked me dead in my eyes and said this. "With you, it depends on what voice or personality is running the show that day." When I tell you I laughed, I mean I DIED laughing. Like real tears and everything. Cause he's so right. It depends on when I took my meds, did I take my meds, how many symptoms are bugging me, and the list goes on and on. I was proud of his quick wit and congratulated him on cracking an excellent joke. But people took it so seriously, and it baffled me. It's okay and expected for people to laugh when someone says or does something witty that I am laughing about. It's really not that serious fam; it's okay to joke around with me. I'll tell you if I'm struggling, and that day isn't the best day for it. But please, for the love of god don't spaz out and think you can't joke with me. I would rather you joke around with me than make me sit in the seriousness that is bipolar, schizophrenia, ptsd, and anxiety all the time. I already know how serious and heavy it is. Joking about it makes the load a little easier for me to carry.
Otherwise, besides the weather, life has been pretty great. I'm 100% ready for Fall and starting to count down to knee surgery in a couple of months. I can't wait to get my pin fixed so I can once again be walking all over hells half acre. I've lost 30 pounds so far, so that's super exciting. It's the most success I've had losing weight. Someone at work said, "You're gonna disappear at this point." I was like god I hope so. Haha. One of my besties is scoping the stores to see when peak Halloween decorations are out so we can go shopping. I saw a coffin that said RIP my patience, and I need that more than I need sleep. So that's definitely going in the cart. But I'm hoping to find some cool stuff to decorate my cube at work and my apartment. I haven't properly decorated for Halloween in this apartment yet. I mean, I sleep with a jack o lantern pillow, and there are Halloween squishmellows chilling on the bean bag chair all year long. So I'm always kinda decorated. But I want to do more this year, so shopping it is. Plus, spending time with one of your best friends is peak relaxation and fun. Friend time is always good for the soul.
I rubbed my nose the other day, and my nose ring got caught on my ring on my finger. I was like, oh okay, is this the new your pocket catching on the door handle situation? It's fine though cause it's a hoop and it just yeets itself, so no harm done, but it definitely caught me off guard. I love how life is random and oftentimes silly for no reason at all.
It'll officially be the ber months here in a few days, and that is indeed going to become my entire personality. With that, I'm sure will begin the influx of I hate when the weather gets dark and colder. I get it; seasonal depression is a bitch, and my heart goes out to you. But remember, I didn't shit on your favorite season. So let me have my pumpkin spice and days where I never have to close the windows, please. I wait all year for pretty colors and air smelling a little like burning leaves. We can commiserate and complain about winter though because that's an entire drag. haha. I guess I should be productive, or take a nap, who knows. I mean, I did adult yesterday, so technically I can cat today, right? 🙃
~Until next time, stay safe, and be good to each other.~