The perk of warm weather is having the windows open. The downside…. Traffic. I’m pretty sure the entire state of Ohio needs to be gifted mufflers. Like who thought loud mufflers were a cool sound? They startle the absolute hell out of me. Haha. Yes, I will be saying dear god every time one vibrates my windows. It’s kind of like telling kids to get off your lawn. Once you get to a certain age it’s publicly acceptable to tsk tsk at people. So I’mma tsk tsk away simply because I can. Before long I will incorporate the shaking my hand and going “dang kids these days.” I think I have another ten years or something before that’s a thing but I’m looking forward to it.
I made it
through the back to the office thing. In typical me style I embarrassed myself
during the first big in office meeting. Thankfully everyone else thought it was
hilarious, but I was like where is a handy hole in the floor. People think I’m
funny without realizing I’m accidentally funny. I have no comedic abilities at
all. I just have a brain that pipelines out of my mouth before I realize I’ve
opened my mouth. The feedback I got over the days following the meeting was
really positive. However, I’ve decided I’m never leaving my office, and I’ll
just avoid people forever. Haha. Kidding. My job is in my office so where else would
I be? Though I can and will avoid every potluck. You can’t just eat at anyone’s
house, so ya know it’s one of those things.
Sometimes as
an adult I think we spend our entire adult life trying to undo the bullshit we
didn’t do. The older generations always complain about the younger generations.
I think the older generations forget that one thing is they are part of the
problem and the other they aren’t always right. Like children are supposed to
be seen and not heard. That phrase right there is so harmful and honestly
selfish. Some of those antiquated beliefs are what the younger generations are
fighting against. Just because you don’t think it matters doesn’t mean it doesn’t
matter. It just means it doesn’t matter to you. Just because you don’t think
something isn’t wrong doesn’t mean it isn’t wrong.
You always hear older generations complain about people talking about their feelings, mental health, etc. How they’re babies and are soft because they don’t just suck it up and get on with it. Do you hear yourself? There’s a reason that the younger generations pay more attention to mental health. There is a reason we as parents taught our kids bodily autonomy, how to handle emotions, and that it doesn’t make them week to need mental healthcare. Why? Because our parents didn’t. We weren’t encouraged to be our authentic selves. We were raised to fit into molds. To be easily digestible and understandable and we weren’t so we were just dumb kids. So, you didn’t want to listen to us. So, we raised an entire generation or two that does. Our kids and how they act isn’t a mistake, it’s what we raised them to be. People say they’re what is wrong with this country. Fam, you have an orange with zero braincells running our entire country and we’re the problem. That’s hilarious.
Do you know
how many adults I’ve met that desperately need mental health meds? They like to
brag about how tough they are and how weak everyone else is. I mean if you want
to spend your entire life miserable, then have at it. The rest of us are going
to take our meds and live happy lives. The thing about our parents and the
generations that came before is they didn’t understand what is broken. They were just so busy doing what everyone else is doing that they missed the part that
they haven’t healed from the trauma they don’t want to recognize.
It’s like the
“marriages don’t last like they used to anymore” debate. I challenge that belief.
How many of those marriages lasted that long out of genuine love and want to be
together? Okay now how many of those marriages lasted because the other couldn’t
leave? It wasn’t socially acceptable to say my husband is beating me so I’m
leaving. You were expected to just…. What? Suck it up and deal with it. Sound
familiar? So, no it’s not that we don’t understand or respect the sanctity that
is marriage. It’s that we aren’t going to tolerate being treated as less than
we deserve. We aren’t going to stay in a relationship with someone who treats
us badly nor should we. There’s this misguided belief that kids from a “broken
home” are unhappy and won’t do as well at life. I’ll challenge that. It’s
better to have two loving parents who don’t live together than two miserable
parents who can’t leave. One does an immense amount of mental and emotional damage,
and the other is a representation of intelligence both emotionally and
mentally.
Things aren’t
supposed to stay the same. Your life isn’t the life everyone else is supposed
to live eternally. Each generation rights a little bit more wrong with passing
time. Not all generational habits are good ones even if they’re new ones. But
they’re made out of evolution because we don’t always know how far we can go
until we try. The old aren’t always wise, sometimes they’re stupid. Sometimes
they do more damage than good with their “wisdom.” The older generations are
very devoted to keeping things the same and resisting any kind of change. That’s
probably why the younger generations have championed for change, the right to
bodily autonomy, and the right to live life healthy and happily.
Someone I knew used to bitch about how kids these days don’t throw bales of hay in the summer anymore. That they’re soft staying indoors and not getting in touch with nature. Do you like that electronic device you are reading this blog on? You’re welcome. That’s what the kids staying inside did. Do you realize having to throw bales of hay as a kid is child labor? That’s not earning your allowance. That’s your parents were to stingy to hire someone to do a job a child shouldn’t have been doing. Kids aren’t free labor fam that’s not how that works. It’s how it used to work back in the day, but this isn’t back in the day, and we know better now so let’s do better. There’s that evolution we learned better, so we raised the next generation knowing better. Those old-fashioned values you love to tote so much, are they actually wise or helpful values? Some are, a lot aren’t, a lot are abusive and just plain wrong. Instead of getting mad at someone for doing something different maybe learn why they’re doing it differently.
Open your mind, your brain won’t fall out.
~Until next
time, be good to each other.~