Monday, September 7, 2026

Finally September

Well, hello September, you sexy beast. It's Labor Day, which means tomorrow marks the official start of all things pumpkin spice. I actually cheated and bought a pumpkin roll the other day because I absolutely could not resist. But I did wait to light the first pumpkin spice candle, so I'll do that tomorrow morning. My pumpkin-loving heart is so happy! Now if only the weather would get with the program, because what do you mean it's almost 90 degrees outside? I am so ready to put my summer black clothes away and get out my black Fall hoodies. So someone come get Mother Nature and put her to bed cause she's acting up again. I would say ground her, but then summer will never leave, and honestly, no thanks. I'm tired of sweating in places that have no business knowing how to sweat. It's been an uncomfy summer here in Ohio. haha

September is also Suicide Prevention and Awareness Month, and in this house that's an important month. I normally do a whole blog on it, but you guys have had that talk a lot. So I'll just say, please check on your strong friends and listen to your people who struggle with mental illness or suicidal impulses. It takes a village, and if someone doesn't have their person, think about maybe being their person. Or helping to connect them with the right resources so they can find their person. In this family, no one suffers alone, and I know you all will do your best to help support and love your people who struggle. We've spent years destigmatizing mental illness in this corner of the world. Having a mental illness or struggling with suicidal thoughts doesn't mean you're broken. Needing medicine or psych help doesn't make you less of a person. In my opinion, having the strength to ask for help makes you an amazing person.

I heard someone quote the no white after Labor Day thing today and was so confused. I thought we discontinued that practice a long time ago. Also, why not white after Labor Day? What did white clothing do to you? I mean, I don't own any white clothing, so it doesn't actually affect me, but it seems like a silly practice. I say wear whatever makes your little heart happy. We don't clothes-shame in this house, even if the only thing I wear is black. No, that's a lie. My Converse are cute colors. So I guess I do own something not black. Though with this weight loss, I'mma just need a whole new wardrobe in the near future.

I thought about getting Botox recently and was informed that I have to have wrinkles to do that. So I guess I gotta get back to them when my face decides to crease in places? I swear I try to get old, but it just doesn't seem to be working. I mean, granted, I get it because, duh, great genetics, but still. I also thought about dying my hair cause other than purple, I've never really dyed my hair. Then I remembered my hair goes down to my waist and decided that it would have to wait a minute. But like, what color would I even dye it if I didn't do the dark purple? Midlife crisis? Nah, just general boredom, honestly. Maybe I just need some new piercings to shake things up a bit. I dunno, but it is also almost knee surgery time, so I might wanna chill on getting new holes for a minute, but I don't wanna. Typical me: stubborn and impatient. haha

Mental health-wise, things have been pretty chill. No new hallucinations to report unless I forgot about them already. I am going to start writing letters and articles for one site. I'll let you guys know when I start publishing them. I already know what the first one is going to be about, but have I written any of it? Nope, because procrastination is my superpower. haha. I was supposed to do a writing contest and got completely distracted by a really cute guy. I have another one to do, so someone remind me to write the damn thing before the 17th of September, please. I swear my memory is a permanent part-time employee, and I don't know when that happened. Maybe it's selective memory because I can still tell you when each concert is, to the day and start time. Either way, I need to remember to submit my letter for this contest. The award is pretty cool, and I'm kind of determined to win the next 5 of them just for fun.

Otherwise, life has been pretty chill. Everyone is happy, healthy, and just doing the adult stuff. Gotta love those times when you can just chill and relax without stressing about life. Concert season this year officially ends in November when my kid, my niece, and I go see Motionless In White, which is something we're all super excited about. And yes, I'm going even if I'm still on crutches because there are seats. I don't know, I really kind of love how much my kids have taken after me when it comes to music. How cool is it to be able to plan to do fun stuff with them, and it be such an easy thing. I just have to mention that I want to go, and suddenly I have a whole squad buying tickets and making plans. Had you told me when they were little kids that I'd spend more time with my adult kiddos than I do with anyone else..... I would have believed you. Cool how that works out. People always say you have to be a parent and not a friend. That's not true; you can be both, you just have to work hard at it. Who knows, maybe they'll hit the teen years at some point but it's looking unlikely so far. 

~Until next time, be good to each other.~